Monday, February 20, 2012

Yardstick Garden Gate

Now that Rick and I are planning on getting chickens here in the next couple months, I need to start proofing the yard. My easy fix of a garden gate that worked well for our dog Suki just isn't going to cut it with chooks.
The previous Suki proof bamboo stick garden barrier

I needed an actual gate. Not wanting to spend a lot or take that much time with building one, I decided that a yardstick would actually be a perfect height for a picket gate (and they are pre-cut :).

      

We set off to Home Depot in search of yardsticks and gate hardware and forked out about $15. Using some left over wood we had and a little over an hour of construction, we now have ourselves a new chicken and Suki proof gate. 


It literally rules (pun intended)!








No comments:

Post a Comment